It doesn’t matter if you’re a coach, a service provider, or you create custom wedding bands. If you want to grow your business, you must grow your mailing list.
Your mailing list is truly a license to print money.
Need a new client for your coaching business? Send an offer to your list.
Have space in your calendar for a new project? Mail your list.
Found a great deal on diamonds? Let the soon-to-be engaged know by sending a quick email.
Of course, that makes the process sound overly simplistic. You can’t just “send an email” without first building a responsive list. And that’s where the entire thing falls apart for many small business owners.
Just how do you go about building a responsive list?
One of the best strategies to emerge in recent years is webinars. Here’s how it works:
- Create a valuable training that can be delivered via webinar. This can be anything your ideal client needs and wants to learn, from how to use Instagram to land new clients to strategies for overcoming procrastination.
- Build a compelling landing page. Include information about your webinar and why your audience will want to attend, what they can expect to learn, and how to join. Connect your landing page to your email manager, and viola! Instant list-building tool.
- Promote your upcoming webinar through social media, on your blog, in your newsletter, and in groups and forums where your dream clients hang out (be sure you abide by group rules, though). Want more traffic? Consider paid ads through Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
Done well, even a relative newcomer can quickly build a list of thousands, with only a few well-planned webinars.
Why Your Audience Loves Webinars
So what is it about webinars that compels people to click that “register now” button? After all, you’re likely using other list-building strategies, too, so why webinars?
The fact is, webinars offer several benefits that newsletters, downloadable resources, 30-day challenges and other list-building methods just don’t have, such as:
- A sense of urgency. That newsletter sign up will still be there next week, next month, maybe even next year. The webinar is in three days, and there’s no guarantee that it will be repeated or recorded.
- Personal interaction. Attending a webinar is like getting on the phone with a friend or mentor. It’s a far different experience than simply reading a blog, or even watching a video. It’s much more personal, and not only will your audience like the connection, it’s a great opportunity for you to build that all-important know/like/trust factor.
- Value. Unlike blog posts or emails, webinars offer a much higher perceived value. Ideally, the information you present on a webinar should be something you could charge for, so your audience knows they’re getting a great deal of value from your training.
A More Engaged Audience
Here’s the big benefit for you, though (aside from the obvious list-building opportunity): You get to meet and interact with your audience. Even with several hundred people in your webinar “room,” attendees still feel a personal connection with the host, especially if you take the time to speak to people by name, answer questions, and basically show off your personality.
The key to business growth today is list-building and creating personal relationship. Webinars have to power to do both.
Here’s How To Create Your Own Webinars FAST!
If you’re ready to add webinars to your grow your lists, but don’t have time for all that content (and PowerPoint) creation, we have an easy solution for you.
Our Teach Your Tribe kits contain everything you need to create your own list-building webinar (or teleseminar) fast.
With done-for-you scripts, slide decks, audience handouts and more, you can easily rebrand and customize the materials and host your own webinar in just a few hours. Compare that to how long it would take when you’re starting from scratch, and we think you’ll agree these kits are a fabulous time saver!
You’ll get a new package every month on a different business topic like clockwork!